Wednesday, January 23, 2008

" Angle" By Sarah McLachlan

As far as music goes i don't have a favorite genre, every song I like is my favorite. If I had to pick one song the never gets old it would be"Angle" by Sarah McLachlan. "Angle" has alot of meaning to me. My mom and I dubbed it as our song. So every time the slow calming song comes on it gets silent and we both smile as we are just so happy to hear it. Now that I think about it I'm not sure how it became our song, I think its just because we liked to sing it. As I read through the lyrics now I realize what a sad depressing song it is. When I was younger I guess I didn't pay attention to the true meaning of the song.
"In the arms of an angel
Fly away from here
From this dark cold hotel room
And the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie
You’re in the arms of the angel
May you find some comfort there"
Reading the lyrics for the first time now the song created more meaning to me. I look back at the times in the car when we were singing together and realize why she liked the song so much. Most would read these lyrics and think what a depressing song. I look at it now as wow I am in a better place and the place she speaks of does not have to be heaven.

No comments: